5 Ways to Change Name on Facebook Website or Mobile App
Changing names on Facebook can be a very tedious task if you don’t have the right knowledge to do it. Fortunately, Facebook allows you to change the name of your profile, page, group and even your business name through the settings. In this article, we will discuss how to change your name on the Facebook website or the mobile app. Furthermore, you can learn to see who has unfriended you on Facebook.
Methods to Change Your Name on Facebook Website or Mobile App
Below we have mentioned the five ways you can change the name of your profile, page, group or business. So without further adieu let’s dive into them:
Change your profile name using Facebook Web
If you want to change your profile name on Facebook, you need to follow these simple steps:
1. Access your Facebook account in a new tab on your web browser.
2. Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner to access Settings and privacy.
3. Then click on Institutions to open your Facebook account settings.
4. Click on the Edit button before the name option.
5. Change your profile name by you First name, middle name, and From. Click on the Review change button to finalize these changes.
6. Finally choose the display format for the name and click on the Save changes button. That’s it. You have successfully changed your profile name on Facebook.
Please note: The gap between two consecutive name changes on Facebook is 60 days. You cannot change a name again until this cooldown period is complete.
Change name using the Facebook mobile app
You can also rename your Facebook profile using the Facebook mobile app. Follow these quick steps to rename your profile on Facebook using your smartphone. These steps apply to both Android and iOS devices.
1. Open the Facebook app (Android, iOS) on your phone.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon in the upper right corner of the application window.
3. Open the Facebook settings by tapping on the Equipment icon.
4. Tap under the Account section Personal and account information to open it.
5. Tap to change your profile name Name.
6. Enter the new name for your profile and tap on review changes. Please note that if you have already changed your profile name in the last 60 days, you must wait until this period is complete.
Change your Facebook page name
If you want to revamp your existing Facebook page created earlier and change its name, you need to follow these simple steps:
1. Open you up Facebook profile on the website and click on Pages in the left sidebar.
2. Then click on the name of your existing page and switch to the created page with the Switch now button.
3. Scroll down in the left sidebar to locate Institutions and click on it.
4. Next, click on the name field and enter the new name for you Facebook page.
5. Finalize the changes by clicking on the Review change button.
6. Facebook will review your request to change your page name, and after a while you will receive a notification of the name change. That’s it. You have successfully changed your page name on Facebook.
Please note: If you recently changed your Facebook page name, you must wait a week to change it again.
Add a nickname or alias to your Facebook profile
In addition to your real name, Facebook offers you the option to add your nickname/birth name or alias to your profile. This can help others in the social network to identify you with your local name. Follow these simple steps to add a nickname to your Facebook profile:
1. Open Facebook in a new tab on your web browser and click on you Profile icon to gain access Settings and privacy.
2. Then click on Institutions from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the Name under General account settings to open it.
4. Scroll down to find Add or change other names and click on it.
5. On the next page, under the other names section, click on the Add a nickname, a birth name link.
6. Click on the + button under the Other Names section to add a new nickname.
7. Choose your name type and choose whether you want to display a nickname at the top of your Facebook profile by checking the Show at the top of the profile option.
8. To finalize and save changes, click the Save button.
That’s it. You can now you nickname on your Facebook profile.
Change the name of your Facebook groups
Facebook allows you to create groups with your friends to communicate and share information based on a common interest. You can also rename an existing group that you previously created on Facebook. Follow these quick steps to do the same.
1. Go to Facebook in your web browser and click on Groups in the left sidebar.
2. Under the ‘Groups you manage‘ section in the left sidebar, click the existing group whose name you want to change.
3. On the next page, scroll down the left sidebar to find Group settings and click on it.
4. Click on the Pencil button before the Name and description option to edit it.
5. Make changes to your group name to provide a new name, and click the Save button finalize changes.
Happiness. You have successfully changed your group name on Facebook.
Bonus: Hide or turn off Facebook reminders of certain dates/people
If you are annoyed with the Facebook reminder feature or want to hide reminders linked to specific dates/people, you can disable it using our detailed explanation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to change your name on Facebook on Android phones?
A: Follow the easy steps in this explainer to change your profile name on Facebook.
Q: Why can’t I change my profile name on Facebook?
A: Once you change your profile name, you must wait 60 days to change it again.
Q: How to change the name of your business page on Facebook?
A: Go to the page name method listed above to change the name of your business page.
Q: Why can’t I change my Facebook business page name?
A: If you recently changed your business page name, you must wait seven days to change it again.
Finishing: Give a new identity to your Facebook!
This is a cover for different ways to change your name on the Facebook web or the mobile app. If you find this explanation helpful, share it with your friends and check out the links below for more helpful guides.
You may be interested in the following:
You can also follow us for instant technology news at Google News or join for tips and tricks, reviews on smartphones and gadgets GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe for the latest review videos GadgetsTo use Youtube channel.