How Do I Fix Instagram Not Working On Android?
Fix Instagram Not Working
Is your Instagram not working or crashing on Android? Here’s how to fix Instagram keeps stopping on Android.
Without a doubt, Instagram is one of the most popular social networking networks. The term responsibility refers to the act of determining whether or not a person is responsible for the actions of another person.
Although the Instagram app is available on the web, there is a native dedicated app that comes with all the detailed features that have made Instagram one of the most popular social sharing apps on the web.
The app is accessible for both Android and iPhone devices and works well. Still, if the Instagram app keeps crashing or stopping on your device, here are some of the best ways to fix Instagram not working on your Android phone.
Tips to solve Instagram freezes on Android
Here are the various troubleshooting tips that will help you fix Instagram not working on your Android devices.
1. Update Instagram app
Start by updating the app from the Play Store. The update brings bug fixes and security fixes that can help fix any app issues.
- Start Play store > Tap up Gmail ID avatar.
- Choose Manage apps and devices > Then tap on Updates available.
- See if Instagram has a pending update lying around.
- Tap the button update next to Instagram to start the version update.
- Launch Instagram after the update is over.
Now the app should work fine without any freezing or crash issues.
2. Clear the cache of Instagram
Cache build-up is one of the reasons why the application crashes or malfunctions. Here are the steps to clear the junk data from Instagram app cache.
- Long press the Instagram app icon by going to the Android app drawer.
- Tap the Shortcuts menu App information.
- Tap under the app information section Storage and closet.
- Then tap up Clear cache.
- Problems that cause the program to crash need to be fixed.
3. Check if Instagram is down
Go to the Down detector website to check if the Instagram servers are officially down. This happens when the company needs to address some major bugs in the application to perform any maintenance.
You can also check on Twitter forums to know from other Instagram users or on Instagram’s official handle if the app is down for some sort of troubleshooting.
4. Data saver feature may be active
As the name suggests, Instagram offers this Data Saver feature which, when active, will limit some features of the app. So, you have to turn it off. Here are the steps for it.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Then tap up Wi-Fi and network.
- Then tap up SIM and network.
- Below that, tap on Data saver.
- Tap the switch next to the option Use Data Saver to turn it off.
5. Fix the internet connection
Although nothing could be the problem at the end of the application, it could be the internet connection on your end that is causing the Instagram calls not to work. Reset your WiFi router and also get in touch with the ISP support team.
Register a complaint to know if the ISP servers have a problem or if there is any other phenomenon, such as bad weather, that is causing the internet disruption.
6. Set the App Permissions for Instagram
You must allow Instagram to access your device utilities. Not having the permissions can cause the app to freeze or crash on the phone at full capacity. Here are the steps to enable permissions for Instagram.
- Find the Instagram app icon in the Android app drawer.
- Long press the app icon and select the option App information from the settings.
- Tap under the App information Permissions.
- See if the Camera and Microphone is stated below Not allowed.
- Tap on Camera and Microphone, and set them up Allow.
Related CTN News:
Facebook Download Free APK – Latest Versions