How To Cancel Your Audible Membership: 3 Ways
Save money / entertainment
Mikolette / iStock.com
While physical books will always be classics, audiobooks are an ever-growing business that offers the convenience of having thousands of books in the palm of your hand. With platforms like Audible, you can download all your favorite readings to your phone or tablet and listen at your leisure.
If you’re too busy to keep up with your reading or want to save money, it’s good to know how to cancel your Audible membership.
See: 3 easy tips to turn your credit problems into wows
How to cancel your Audible membership: online
Be aware that you do not cancel your Audible membership directly through the Audible app. Instead, you must go to Audible.com in your preferred web browser and log into your account to cancel there. You can cancel online by following these steps:
Steps to cancel Audible Online
- Log in to your account on the Audible website
- Once you’re signed in with your Audible or Amazon account information, click Account Details.
- Under your current membership information, click the Cancel Membership option.
- Enter your reason for cancellation and follow the instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email informing you of your successful cancellation.
How to cancel your Audible membership: iOS
If you need to cancel your Audible membership on your iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app and tap your name and Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- If you’re not signed in yet, enter your password or use Touch ID or Face ID.
- Once on the Apple ID page, select the Subscriptions option.
- You will see a list of your active and inactive subscriptions, and you can select the one you want to cancel after reviewing it.
- After selecting and reviewing the subscription you want to cancel, tap the Cancel Subscription option to cancel and confirm your cancellation.
You can only cancel this way through an iOS app if you started your Audible membership subscription through your Apple ID account. If you did not start your membership this way, you can follow the online instructions listed in the previous section.
How to cancel your Audible membership: Google Play
If you want to cancel your Audible membership on your Android device, you can easily do so by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Under the profile menu, tap your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Go to Payments and Subscriptions and then tap Subscriptions.
- Once in Subscriptions, select Audible and tap Cancel Subscription.
Pause your audible membership
If you’re not sure you want to cancel yet—or if you just want time to catch up on your audiobook backlog before paying for more—you can put your Audible Plus or Audible Premium Plus membership on hold for one to three months. You will not have to pay during this time, and you will not accrue any credits.
To pause your Audible membership, just select “Pause Membership” instead of “Cancel Membership” on the Account Details web page.
This option is not available for plans that do not earn credits or memberships initiated through iOS or Google Play.
Audible memberships are easy to cancel, but be aware that the steps to do so may vary depending on the type of device you’re using. You can cancel at any time, and if you change your mind, you can renew your membership at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some common questions about canceling your Audible membership.
- Why can’t I cancel my Audible membership?
- You cannot cancel your Audible membership directly through the app. Instead, you must open your account via a web browser and select Cancel Membership in your account details.
- If you’re having trouble canceling your Audible subscription through iOS or Google Play, try canceling through the web browser. And if you’re still having trouble, call Amazon customer service and they can help you cancel.
- How do I cancel my Audible subscription on my iPhone?
- If you started your Audible membership through your Apple ID account, you can cancel it through the Subscriptions option on your Apple ID page.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity mentioned in this article.