How to cast your Android screen to a TV
Watching video and looking at photos on a small screen like a smartphone or tablet is definitely doable, but there’s really nothing like having your content on a nice big TV screen. It’s easier on the eyes, and it makes for an overall better viewing experience.
Did you know that you can get what’s on your phone to match your TV screen and still use your phone at the same time? Well, I’m here to show you how easy it is to cast your Android screen to your larger Smart TV.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH QUICK TIPS, REVIEWS, SECURITY WARNINGS AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO MAKE YOU SMARTER
HOW TO SEND GOSPUMP CALLS DIRECTLY TO VOICEMAIL ON YOUR PHONE
What is screencasting?
Screencasting is an option that lets you play music, videos or any other type of content from one device to another. The Android phone allows users to make a screencast using Chromecast, a popular dongle device introduced in 2013 that connects to your Smart TV and then allows you to control it from your Android.
What are the benefits of screencasting?
- Screencasting allows you to enjoy high-quality streaming on a larger screen
- You can continue using your Android device while streaming other content
- Screencasting is battery and Wi-Fi friendly and doesn’t drain your phone
HOW TO INCREASE THE FONT SIZE ON ANDROID
How do I set up screencasting on my Android device?
There are two different ways to set up screencasts for better viewing on your Android. Please note that settings may vary depending on your Android phone’s manufacturer.
1. Set up a shortcut on your Android
- Go to you Quick settings panel by dragging from the top of your Android screen with two fingers
HOW TO TELL IF SOMEONE IS SNOOPING ON YOUR ANDROID
- Choose the Screen broadcast option in the menu
- If there is no Screen Cast option, swipe left for more options or tap the pencil icon to add a shortcut
FAKE ANDROID APPS SPARK PERSONAL PRIVACY WARNING
2. Use the Google Home app
- Open you up Google Home app that you use for your Chromecast
- Choose you Chromecast
- Wait for Android screen to appear on your big screen
- Tap on your Android Media and select what you want to start streaming
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICES
For more Android tips, go to CyberGuy.com and search “Android” and subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report Newsletter at CyberGuy.com/Newsletter.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn a commission when purchases are made.