How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp
WhatsApp recently introduced the “message itself” feature for its users. This feature allows users to send themselves notes, photos and more.
WhatsApp recently introduced a much-needed “message-self” feature for its users. With this feature you can send messages, photos or more to yourself on WhatsApp. If you don’t know about this feature and wonder how to use it, then follow the steps below.
How to use the Message Self feature in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android:
The Message Self feature was previously available on the WhatsApp power app. Users use to send messages to their own phone number using the WhatsApp URL link. However, this process is not liked by everyone, so the app has now integrated the same into its messaging app.
Here’s how you can find and use the message self feature in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android:
- Open WhatsApp application.
- Click the “New Chat” button at the bottom right.
- You will find your own phone number with the “Message yourself” label in the contacts list.
- You can tap on your contact number to start the chat with yourself.
- But follow the steps below if you don’t want to see your phone number in the chat window.
- First, you need to save your personal phone number in “Contacts” on your iPhone or Android phone.
- This way it will be easier for you to keep track of the “message itself” cha
- You can now send texts to yourself as reminders, to-do lists, or share files over the web and mobile using this chat window.
- You can also forward photos or videos from other contacts to yourself.
- To do this, just tap the “send” button next to the media in a chat window. Then select the “message to yourself” chat from the contacts list in WhatsApp.
If you don’t want to use the Message Self feature, there are other ways you can start a conversation with yourself in WhatsApp. check them out below.
Make a single WhatsApp group to send yourself a message
Although the message itself rolls out to all WhatsApp users around the world, you can use this workaround to bookmark chats in the messaging app. This is a famous hack that many people have been using for years, so let’s take a look at it:
- First, tap the “New Chat” button at the bottom right, and then select the “New Group” option on the next page.
- Now add a single number to this new group. Then name the group and tap the “tick” button at the bottom right.
- Go to the settings of the group, you will find a list of participants. Long press the name of the second participant besides you.
- Remove the member. Then click on the ok option in the pop-up window to confirm your action.
- With this action, you will be the only participant in this group.
- Now you can use this WhatsApp group chat without any other members to text yourself messages, save memes, videos and more.