How To Screen Record On Android?
Whether you want to create a tutorial or save screen activity for later reference, screen recording makes it easy to do so. It is one of the most convenient tools to record content.
There are several ways to record your mobile screen, but it depends on your Android phone model. If your device is running on Android 10 or higher versions, you have a built-in screen recording feature. Otherwise, you have to rely on third-party apps.
Please note: There are some limitations to screen recording programs. For example, you can’t record the screen on all apps and settings due to copyright issues. In some parts of the US, it is actually illegal to record a personal conversation unless the other parties agree to it.
Samsung users using Android 10 or newer versions can easily record the screen. But, according to Samsung, they have made this feature available only to certain models. So, you should check their supported devices list and find out if your device supports a screen recording feature.
- Swipe down from the top, and swipe down again to see more shortcuts.
- Then tap on the Screen recorder. (If you don’t see it, swipe left again).
- Before you start recording, you will see the options related to sound settings.
- No: Select None if you don’t want any sounds.
- Media: Select Media if you only want to record built-in audio.
- Media and Microphone: Select these options if you want to record your voice and built-in media sounds.
- Show tap and touch: Turn it on if you want to show what you’ve typed and touched on the screen.
- Tap up Start recording and it will start the countdown of three and will start recording after that. You can also skip the countdown by tapping the Skip countdown.
- To stop the recording, Tap on the Square form in the upper right corner.
- To view the screen recorded file. Open up Gallery > Go to albums > Screen recordings (or in recent albums).
On Google Pixel
If you have a Google Pixel or other stock Android devices like Asus, Motorola, Nokia, etc. used, the steps to screen record are almost similar due to similar custom UI.
- Swipe down from the top, you may need to swipe down again to see more shortcuts.
- Then swipe left and you belong the Screen record option. Tap on it.
- Before you start recording, you will see two options.
- Record audio: Tap on the recorded audio and it has the option to record the audio from only your device, microphone or both.
- Show touches on the screen: This will display the circle area you touched.
- Tap up Start and it will start the countdown of 3 and will start recording after that.
- To stop recording, swipe down from the top and tap Stop.
- To view the screen recorded file. Open up Photos > Library > Movies.
OnePlus added a screen recording feature in 2019 with OxygenOS 9.5 (Android 10). As a reference, we have shown the steps using the OnePlus 8 with the Android 12 version.
- Open the control panel by swiping down.
- Then swipe left and you belong the Screen recording option. Tap on it.
- As soon as you tap on it, it will start recording the screen immediately.
- To stop the recording, tap the Square form button on the screen.
- To view the screen recorded file. Open up Gallery > Albums > Videos.
The use of third-party applications
If your phone doesn’t have a built-in screen recording feature, you can use third-party apps to record the screen. There are tons of apps that you can install for free from the play store.
Some popular apps are AZ Screen Recorder, ADV Screen Recorder, Mobizen Screen Recorder, etc. But before you can start using the apps, you have to agree to the terms and conditions.
Adjust screen recording settings
There are several instances when you need to change your screen recording settings. Most Android manufacturers have the same steps to access the screen recording settings, but internal settings and features may vary. For reference, we have shown the steps with a Samsung phone.
- Open the control panel.
- Tap and hold the Screen recorder for a few seconds.
- You will be redirected to its settings. From there you can change and change different settings according to your wish.