Review: StarTimes ON-Live app is loved by users despite its shortcomings
Driven by the thirst for extra income and the necessity to transfer with the tide by way of client preferences, Pay-TV operators are shifting consideration to on-line streaming.
This transfer is not shocking as the quantity of income streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are consuming away from the normal pay tv corporations.
Freemium platforms similar to YouTube are additionally drawing the eye of many away from Pay-TV. But the operators of the latter aren’t giving up the combat, which is why they’ve additionally moved into the net streaming enterprise by way of their cell apps.
According to Statista, worldwide video streaming income is anticipated to succeed in US$80.83 billion in 2022. It is anticipated to indicate a compound annual progress fee (CAGR 2022-2027) of 11.48%, leading to a projected market quantity of US$139.20 billion by 2027.
This is one of many the reason why the Chinese Pay-TV operator with a powerful presence in Nigeria and different sub-Saharan African nations, StarTimes, is pushing its ON-Live utility. The app permits StarTimes subscribers to proceed streaming all of the content material on their paid subscription even when they’re away from their TV and decoder.
News continues after this advert
The utility at a look
Available for Android and iOS, the StarTimes ON-Live app has a user-friendly interface and is straightforward to make use of. Users can view their decoder standing on the app, make funds for subscriptions and alter packages. With a obtain dimension of 21 MB, the app is gentle despite its many options and capabilities. The app was up to date on November 2, 2022 to offer a greater UI expertise.
What you are able to do on the app
- Browse new titles or seek for your favorites, and stream movies in your gadget.
- One decoder card might be linked to 3 accounts. Multiple accounts give totally different members of your family their very own private Startimes ON free of charge.
- The picture-in-picture function permits you to view content material whereas shopping different pages.
- You can preview fast movies of collection and films and get notifications for brand new episodes and releases.
- You can obtain titles to your cell gadget and watch offline later.
With a presence in about 30 African nations together with Nigeria and over 13 million subscribers throughout operations, Startimes has a prepared marketplace for its on-line streaming utility. So, on Google Play Store alone, the applying has been downloaded greater than 10 million occasions.
News continues after this advert
On the identical app retailer, the Startimes ON-Live app has been reviewed by greater than 166,000 users who’ve skilled the app. The app’s score within the Google Play Store and Apple Store on the time of publication was 4.4 and three.7 respectively. Here is what the users are saying in regards to the app:
For Adewole Ojerinde, the app is high-quality and serves its function of permitting him to observe all his favourite exhibits on the go. He stated:
- “A very good app that makes it easy for me to watch on the go. With this app, I can renew my decoder and continue watching all my favorites even when I’m not at home. However, start times should add CNN and live football channels.”
- Obinna Okonkwo’s streaming expertise on the app has been nice and he will not thoughts Startimes not displaying the English Premier League.
- “Fantastic options to stream sports and TV series on your phone. May not have EPL but they have decent alternatives like the Bundesliga. The app streams well, no problem so far and I’ve had it for over six months.”
Another person, Asode Kunle, has no drawback with the app, however he is not blissful that he should pay for the subscription and nonetheless spend his information to stream on the app. He stated:
- “The app is well developed and functions properly, but it’s somehow expensive to fully enjoy because you’ll pay for the subscription and you’ll still use data for the stream.”
Eric Njoroge loves the app however feels that the image high quality may very well be higher when used on Android TV.
- “Pretty great to have an app that lets you check on the decoder what you paid for. The best thing is to access it through Android TV. Unfortunately, the viewing quality of channels is a bit poor and calls for improvement. It will really make one’s experience even better, especially on the Android TV version of the app,” he stated.
For Joseph Ayum, the Startimes app is among the finest despite its shortcomings. He stated:
- “This is one of the best streaming apps. However, it is limited in a few areas: First, it does not show live matches from one of the best leagues in the world (Premiere League). Second, even when you subscribe to your decoder, you can’t watch some VIP channels on the app unless you pay again. Again, you need an internet connection to watch, even when your decoder is properly subscribed.”
Divine Eni used the Startimes app even with out having the decoder and he is glad with the expertise on the app. He stated:
- “My first experience with it was great. I don’t have a Startimes decoder so I had to pay for VIP to watch the channels. But it is worth your money. It’s a really great app and doesn’t take much of your data and it’s fast; it only stopped for a few seconds through my time watching the 1st half game. This is what I was looking for.”