National Capital Region Market Digital Patient Guidebook Toolkit
The National Capital Region (NCR) Market has developed this digital toolkit to communicate with active duty members and eligible beneficiaries about the availability of the NCR Patient Guide. The NCR Market Patient Guide will assist in navigating the NCR Market integrated care network. The toolkit provides information and resources to conduct a local education campaign for active duty members and eligible beneficiaries in your geographic area about services throughout the network.
Patient satisfaction is an NQF priority and is an important measure of healthcare effectiveness. In late summer 2020, the Clinical Optimization Team sought to better understand the overall quality of the patient experience with front desk staff, across all NCR military hospitals and clinics (also known as military treatment facilities or MTFs), and explore patient encounters. This effort resulted in the NQR Experience Office embarking on a project to: Understand the patient experience when interacting with an MTF counter; identify underlying factors of influence across all clinical facilities and define front desk variables, processes and best practices in order to identify successful approaches to patient engagement within the MHS and private healthcare systems.
The team found that within our NCR Market network of care that includes 32 MTFs, 11 dental treatment facilities serving more than 270,000 enrollees, some active duty members and eligible beneficiaries entering the NCR market find it challenging to effectively manage their health care to manage. Therefore, the NCR Market Digital Patient Guide was created to introduce all new/current ingredients to the NCR Market construct and to optimize the beneficiary experience.
This collaborative effort is coordinated with the NCR PAO, NCR Market MTF Leadership, Patient Experience & Relations offices, MTF Chief Medical Officers, and Defense Health Agency. The NCR Market Guidebook will serve as an onboarding and reference guide to help patients navigate the NCR Market healthcare experience and will be updated every 6-12 months based on relevant feedback and new information available to share .
Key messages and talking points
See below for key messages and talking points for communicators. Use it to develop and customize local messages for your community.
Message for communicators
- The NCR Market Patient Guide was created to introduce all new/current constituents to the NCR Market construct and to optimize the beneficiary experience.
- The NCR Market Patient Guide was developed based on front desk best practices that identify successful approaches to patient engagement within both the MHS and private healthcare systems.
- NCR Market Patient Guide will serve to provide common understanding between patients and staff, set expectations of care throughout the NCR Market and improve access to care that supports the overall well-being of the force, allowing patients to feel comfort and assurance as they experience the navigating the healthcare system.
- The NCR Patient Guide will be a digital PDF that showcases unique features of the NCR market and serves as the NCR market advisor answering common patient questions prior to arrival at an NCR MTF, alleviating confusion among patients and front desk staff.
- NCR Market has partnered with DHA Stratcomm to assist with analytics of the NCR Patient Guide that measures user engagement – tracking page views and event downloads.
- Carousel images and social media graphics are included in this toolkit for sharing the NCR Market Patient Guide on MTF web pages and social media platforms.
- The NCR Market Guide will be updated every 6-12 months based on relevant feedback and new information available to share.
- The NCR market is committed to improving access to care to improve patient health and individual readiness.
- The NCR Market Patient Guide communicates patient expectations and helps active duty service members and eligible beneficiaries understand the patient experience while interacting with an MTF counter.
- The NCR Market Patient Guidebook introduces all new/current ingredients to the NCR Market construct and serves to optimize the beneficiary experience within the NCR Market network of care.
Graphic and social media messages
Use these graphics and suggested social media messages on your various social media sites. Feel free to adapt messages as needed for your local audience.
Suggested social media messages
Social media graphics
Use any of the graphics below with the approved social media messages
Carousel images for MTF websites
Use any of these graphics on your military or hospital website home page to drive traffic to the NCR Market Digital Patient Guidebook. These images are already uploaded to the AFPIMS shared media manager. Please find them using the VIRIN ID numbers below.
VIRIN ID: 121222-A-NCR01-001
VIRIN ID: 121222-A-NCR01-002
VIRIN ID: 121222-A-NCR01-003