Ravenswood Light Up Nights holiday walking tour kicks off
CHICAGO (CBS) – Chicago’s Ravenswood neighborhood gets into the holiday spirit with Ravenswood Light Up Nights.
The annual festival of lights by the Ravenswood Neighborhood Association resumed on Friday night. It will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 17:00 to 22:00.
The event offers a self-guided tour of elaborately decorated homes competing for a “Best in Glow” contest. Local businesses will also have food and drink promotions, special events and a chance for prizes.
The festival is bordered by Ashland, Montrose, Damen and Lawrence avenues. Warming stations will be set up throughout the neighborhood with hot chocolate and other hot drinks. You’ll also run into Santa Claus on a bike and even the Grinch.
Participating businesses include:
- Amy’s candy (4704 N. Damen Ave.), offering sweet treats until 8 p.m
- Ballroom College (4011 N. Ravenswood Ave.), offering holiday-themed dance classes and free hot cocoa.
- Begyle Brewing (1800 W. Cuyler Ave.), offers a warm space and a cool beer, with special offers for the festival.
- Bon Femmes (4917 N. Damen Ave.), open until 8 p.m. with last-minute gifts for sale.
- Byron’s Hot Dogs (1701 W. Lawrence Ave.), offering a hot dog to keep that energy going during the walk.
- Hazel (1835 W. Montrose Ave.), with a Friday and Saturday night pop-up of Hilary’s Cookies + Lincoln Square Ice Cream. Free hot cocoa bombs will be available.
- KOVAL Distillery (4241 N. Ravenswood Ave.), offering drink specials – including the “Light Up the Night” with Amburana Rye, raspberry butterfat wash, allspice, lemon and rhubarb bitters.
- Ponnopozz (4839 N. Damen Ave., offers free hot cocoa on Saturday nights until 9 p.m
- Ravensgoods (4703 N. Damen Ave.), offering local and unique artisan items until 8pm Friday and Saturday!
- Redline VR Bar (4702 N. Ravenswood Ave.), which offers visits to Santa’s Winter Wonderland. You can even buy a ride in Santa’s sleigh in the virtual reality world.
- Spoken cafe (1812 W. Montrose Ave.), offering specials like Boudin Biscuits with Pepper Jelly, Warm Snickerdoodle Biscuits, Mini Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Tarts and Gingerbread Biscuits.
For more information, follow this link.
Thank you for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or login
for more features.